Sunday 31 October 2010

Catch Up on Happiness

I am officially addicted to Jamie Ridler Studios......... I've scrapbboked about these things and now find myslef wanting to share this process...but you know i struggle to find words or be able to explain things... I am quirky and expressive but just not in words! Jamie Ridler Studios is soooooo great at making this accessible to all so i include them in my journey ...i've been here so many times before and these sorts of inspirations and prompts evoke such a lot of positivity they just have to be shared.


MMMmmmmmmmmmm 'favourite words memories from books i've read...i love reading poetry if i read a book and it grabs me then i cannot put it down there are only a few that stand out in my memory...i cannot remember the words or paragraphs but in A thousand splendid Suns by Khalid Hussain, nearing the end, there was apart of it i felt totally overwhelmed by....see if i can explain...The maturer woman (wife)sacrificed herself for the younger woman(wife)to set her 'free' from the living hell they were both experiencing and the younger woman returned to a place that brought back the memory and feelings it was sad but inspirational that the sacrifice was acknowledged in such a magical and beautiful way ...i thought it was an amazing life story reflecting so many issues. My favourite words are those from the Desiderata of Happiness - that poem has kept me going soooo many times in my life when i've struggled .........


Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons,
they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.


Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs;
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.


Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment
it is as perennial as the grass.


Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.


You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.


Therefore be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.


With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.


Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952.









The Happy Book: Week 10 from Jamie Ridler on Vimeo.





MMMMM Comfort...i have so many comforting things in my life i'm so blessed cuddling up to Chella is tops.. wearing snuggly socks and curling up on the settee with the fire on is second to none, being in bed...and anything warm on toast with a cup of tea or even better a milky coffee is the other they are my top four..toast and milky coffee are special as when i have them i remember my grandfather George (my male role model in life who'm i adored!) and my loving grandmother Mary from my dads side(who made a trip to my paternal grandparents more than worth while i've such fond memories of her).




The Happy Book: Week 9 from Jamie Ridler on Vimeo.








The Happy Book: Week 7 from Jamie Ridler on Vimeo.





This is great ....focus on what makes you happy...those small moments that make you smile, feel warm and evoke positivity...
I love these moments and one stands out for me this week................I looked after my good friends 'house'cats this weekend and my son came with me one day (by default) i looked on with a warm smile and a good feeling as this 'macho' young man instinctively got down on the floor found the cats toy basket ( which i hadn't a clue was there!)and played with the cats, he was so patient,gentle and fun loving with them...i rarely see him these days (even when in the same house he only usually sits with us to eat as he has a social life that we are just not part of now)and I was sooooo touched when i saw this it made me 'really happy' ...I've added it to his 'so you think you know me album'
I'm already gathering post its with my moments for this weeks...started on Sunday with my lovely walk through the farmland at the back of where i live...and Mondays snuggle with Chel after a long monday at work and Tuesday... today's girly giggle and laugh in the office with Bev and Doreen chortle.. chortle...

No comments:

Post a Comment