Wednesday 21 September 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday




It is so long since i last visited wishcasting it became a 'ritual of positivity' in my life so with that in mind i am joining in and hope to wishcast weekly as did last year...........

Jamie asks ...What do you wish to immerse yourself in............... I wish to immerse myself in 'laughter'.....'giggles' and eventually 'self care' and positivity.





This week is already a hard week at work and i wish it did not take over my whole life so...today i worked yet another long long ,what felt like over worked day, trying to meet the expectations of 'the service'....my nerves are frazzled and I could feel so hopeless about ever being able to have any work life balance and yet the organisations publicity are devoting a week to celebrating work life balance and someone somewhere is achieving it !or why else would they be giving time to it! as i do not lend myself to the monster of cynicism or blaming of others i again find myself 'feeling depressed' at the prospect of having to take full responsibility for the fact it is 'I' who choose to work so hard (that is what the organisation says)It is 'I' that chooses not to take lunch breaks and it is 'I' that chooses to work late to complete the job and it is 'I' that is more than aware of the disciplinary procedures that will be the consequence of not achieving what the organisation says must be achieved ...'rock and a hard place' is an underestimation of how distressing this feels....... Although i soo loved what one of the girls said today at work at our team meeting in amongst all the serious stuff ...(ohhh i'm soo grateful for the laughs we manage to have when we actually have time to breathe)
I find that when things are really as uncontrollable,confusing and exhaustingly crazy as this laughter is the thing that gets you through the day........

3 comments:

  1. May you find the laughter in life.

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughter is the best medicine! I wish you days full it. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughter is a healer big time! Sounds like your really busy at work , hang in there .Everything will calm ,but until then find calm time for you , it will ease the pain of your day. : )

    Im starting my travellin' art journal series soon, and its free , I hope you will join , it will definitely help with days like this.

    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete