Monday 17 June 2013

Reflections on Unmet Needs and NVC





Ive been progressing slowly on my NVC journey  a 'feelings check in' that I do at least twice a week is enabling me let go of some of those feelings (which if dwelt on can become quite debilitating coupled with the sleepless nights and long days at work...not a good recipe for the ole body n soul). The check ins have enable some real progress in exploring and identifying the unmet needs underlying those strong emotions and next on the agenda is, what I'm calling, some 'momentary thought scanning' its one of my intentions for the next week or so as I start to explore language and perceptions around 'requests' (and percieved demands)....all good stuff alongside revisiting the workbook pages around taking responsibility for my feelings is home work whilst I practice chapter 6....
A Cazzy cocktail of feelings on a working day are overwhelmed, anxious and harried vs calm,comfortable and sensitive! on a day off calm, comfortable, enthusiastic, engaged,creative,productive, and positive are in full flow even if having to deal with difficult stuff! ....its reassuring I can still feel these positive feelings...There is something i need to change about that work environment and I'm working on it...  There's been some movement in the right direction but I still feel uncomfortable about how I present myself in order to get the support I need...in seafaring terms I don't like tooting on the emergency whistle but it is a lot better than my past puncture repairs on the ole buoyancy aid and my head can stay above water...I'm still treading water but  I can see the shoreline and sometimes just having it in sight is enough....





No comments:

Post a Comment