Sunday 6 February 2011

DIG DEEP journalling prompt

I'm not sure whether to continue in my existign art journal or start another ....i think i'm going to continue in the one i started some time ago.I will have another journal to actually write in and complete my daily morning pages........



"Seeing your truth in writing can be both startling and motivating. So get out your journal and turn to a blank page.
Ask yourself:
What am I waiting for?
Set a timer for ten minutes and write. Write everything that comes to mind, and don't stop writing.
The first responses will be the usual: I don't have time. I don't have money. So and so won't let me.
Keep journaling.
Next will come the deeper excuses: I'm afraid of failure. I'm afraid of success (!!!). I'm afraid people will think I'm selfish/crazy/irresponsible.
Those responses hit a little closer to home.
But keep journaling. The deeper you dig, the more real your answers become. Then you can ask yourself:
Are these reasons really more important than my dreams?
Once you see them spelled out on the page -- the *real* reasons you're not following your dreams -- you just may realize they're not as insurmountable as you thought. They may even appear downright silly.
You deserve to follow a path that brings you closer to joy with every step. Start the journey today."
from Kristin Donovan journalling saves

No comments:

Post a Comment