Thursday 12 April 2012

Nying Je.............

Whilst hunting though my lovley clutter i found poems and books i adored or had only glimpsed at.I opened this one and started to read it where it fell open....'The Ethics of Compassion' and I'd had an experience at work that i'd acted compassionatly about but inside i was questioning life and society and entertaining cynical thoughts.I chatted to chel only briefly about the concept of Nying je and the circumstances that would allow an individual to live their life fully embracing it.
Alongside struggling with my health over the last year I've lost a part of me .....I had put it down to being so low on my reserves and sooo stressed a work but i think it has been a bit of an awakening really.It has always been in my nature to be a compassionate soul ...but now the deeper belief of 'compassion for others at all costs' I question.....it has to be balanced with 'compassion for oneself'.
'If the rope breaks nine times then we must splice it back together a tenth'

No comments:

Post a Comment