Saturday 12 March 2011

Giving my craft room the overhaul it sooo deserves

Week 4 of TAW with Effy and Wild precious and although not following it completely to the letter(sorry morning pages!) I still find it is having quite a profound effect on me.I loved the tasks this week thinking back to being a child and i treated myself and my boys to a childhood favourite pud i used to have at my nana's...such fond memories that Swiss Roll and custard had for me...and thinking about exciting things id like to do put some Salsa class on the agenda..A decluttering phase has 'gotten a hold of me'..i could barely sleep with the restless energy i had as the weekend came...although feeling tired after the week the energy came with a restless woooosh for me to 'cleanse' my craft room! I'm soo pleased ...it has needed doing for a long time...so this weekend a little less arting but some good well needed organising of my resources and i've a self indulgant few days end of next week, as i'm on leave and so will 'art my little heart out'.

It was this quote that i latched onto and it really started to inspire my need to declutter...the more i pondered it the more the restless energy needed to be heard~!

"Everything is raw material. Everything is relevant. Everything is usable. Everything feeds into my creativity. But without proper preparation, I cannot see it, retain it, and use it."
— Twyla Tharp

No comments:

Post a Comment