Sunday 12 December 2010

REFLECT and MANIFEST for 2011

I am unable to sign up for reverb but can see others participation so will visit their blog spots and play along as best i can catching up with prompts..... what a great way to see the new year in

Prompt: Beyond avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn't because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?)
AVOIDANCE ... I avoid arguments and loud agressive energy...I have not evolved enough to be able to be around this sort of energy for long ... I worry a lot about all sorts of things mainly with regard to what i percieve to be my shortcomings! or mistakes and I am a 'scaredy cat' I kind of don't want to change all of this...but I would like to be 'BOLDER' in 2011.. I don't want a life that is busier I don't want to keep up, or compete with others but i do enjoy the company of others.... I think i do avoid some social situations because of this and perhaps i'd like to challenge myself with some of the 'uncertainty' of some social situations....now i'm not a recluse no no I think deep inside i'm just a quiet peace loving slow moving person and the world just spins a little too fast for me sometimes! I will be 'BOLDER' in all I do in 2011.




Prompt: Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?
MMM i'm more a drip drip evolution person...i had a revelation as regards healing around 3 years or so ago..I learnt to relax and prior to that i came to terms with a lot of the loss i had had in my life.Now I am conscious about patterns of thought that are not helpful i wish to continue to evolve healing myself and enabling others to heal in 2011.I wish to continue to be creative and use creativity as my healing tool.




Prompt: Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn't go for it?
I wanted to reduce my working hours in 2010 i had it in my 5 yearplan i created when i did a rather wonderful workshop on line with BigPicture.I feared i would not be able to do this and am still a little worried as my hubby and I are likely to have some job changes with working in the public sector..but i have now arranged it with my manager so as from February 2011 I will work a 9 day fortnight i'm doing my bit for the economy as well in taking the initiative and reducing my hours...


Prompt: Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?
I am soooo very grateful for my friends i do not have a big social circle..i unconditionally love my friends three come to mind immediatley as being my very very good and trusted friends...i have another few i love spending time with and some friends of friends i feel inspired by and enjoy the company of... I struggle to be accepting of support for myself and i married my soul mate so always tend to lean toward him for support... I'm fearful of being hurt but over the last couple of years I have friendships that have grown a lot in a reciprocally supportive ways. I made contact with an old friend who is was a kindred spirit many years ago (it was lovely to find Sitch hadn't forgotten me as i'd such fond memories).I am also overwhelmed by the supportive environment my online friends provide and my running buddy who is bright, intelligent and full of energy and we've been buddies for a long while now carrying each other when needed i continue to be my kooky self i've learnt a lot about 'reciprocal support' and about feeling accepted for being who I am over the last year....

December 15 – 5 Minutes Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.
The summer craft fayres with kirst.
Sharing the odd nights company with Melu my son he is such good company and i love him and his company soo much.
Chella's listening ear and tolerance.
Our holiday in Tenerife.
Comedy night at 7 cafe.
The day out in Whitby with mum for my birthday.
Going to see Lynn in Manchester.
The World Cup!
My walks round the 'countryside block' in Autumn before the nights drew in.


December 14 – Appreciate What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? '
I soo appreciate the time i spend with my mum...i'm grateful to her for soo many things and i try to express it by 'being there' when she wants me to be.... by trying to be as unselfish as possible i my actions and responses...and show my love and appreciation of all she has done and given to me in raising me the way she did ...i love you mum.




December 13 – Action When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step?
To give myself more time to be creative and explore my next step and sooo work at my 'job' and learn to live on less financially is my next step.


December 12 – Body Integration This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author: Patrick Reynolds)

I think the last time i felt this was listening to GRACE and singing along to it in the car ..... although crafting gives me this amazing sense of flow and integratedness... and probably creating my vision board gave me that same feeling most recently ..



December 11 – 11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

This is hard and i'll probably only get a few done now.....
1. Allowing other people's energy to effect me for too long.....be mindful of this and self aware practice disconnecting from this.

2.Low self esteem......whenever i feel it creep in again be soo very aware that this is what it is and check and recheck myself, my thoughts, my behaviours and give myself time to generate good thoughts and feelings.

3. The need to please! mmmmm perhaps just be clear about why i am doing something and limit my circle of people to please...cos it is a nice to make people smile.

4. Fear.... i am quite a fearful person... i don't know why and again weighing up risk more objectively would be good for me......

5.Old patterns of thought and behaviours with mindfulness and reflection.

6. The need for more! what is that all about ...i actually don't want or need more of anything other than balance.

7.Fighting tiredness....give in go to bed!

8.Comparing myself to others...i am a child of the universe .... and as Chel says you are as good as anyone else.



December 10 – Wisdom Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? (Author: Susannah Conway)

To reduce my working hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment